A quick and easy pasta dish.
- 1 lb. penne or fusilli or with short pasta
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1/3 cup black olives, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp. (10mL) dried
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until tender but firm; drain and return to pot to keep warm.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; stir in garlic. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
Transfer to pot with drained pasta; add olives, feta cheese, parsley, and basil; toss gently to mix.
Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan.
Makes 4 main-course servings
Source: American Institute for Cancer Research