A tasty dish with carrots, sweet peppers, cauliflower and onions.
- 8oz. flat egg noodles or fusilli
- 4oz. mangetout or green beans
- 1/2 cauliflower, in small pieces
- 6 oz. carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet peppers (red, yellow, green, or combination chopped)
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 4 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 5 Tbs. corn oil
- 3 Tbs. water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In large saucepan of boiling, cook pasta until al dente (tender but firm-start tasting 2 minutes for fresh pasta, 5 minutes for dry); drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
Blanch mangetout or green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain; rinse under cold running water and drain again. Cut diagonally into 2 inch/5 cm lengths.
In large bowl, combine cauliflower, carrots, peppers, spring onions, dill, mangetout and pasta; toss to mix.
Dressing: in food processor or bowl, combine garlic, vinegar and sugar; mix well. While whistling or processing, gradually add oil and water; mix well. Pour over salad and toss to mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 10 servings.
Source: American Institute for Cancer Research